At All About Braces and Colorado Orthodontics, our team of highly trained orthodontists works hard to provide personalized orthodontic treatment that fits both your budget and your lifestyle. We’re proud to be named the #1 orthodontist in Colorado!
We know the wires and brackets found in traditional braces aren’t for everyone, which is why we are thrilled to offer Invisalign clear aligners. As an Invisalign Preferred Provider, we are constantly working toward treating more complex cases with Invisalign than ever before. Read on to find out if Invisalign is the right orthodontic treatment for you!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is our clear solution to straightening your teeth without anyone knowing. Invisalign uses a series of customized, removable clear aligners. These appliances are virtually invisible, which means no brackets, wires, or elastic bands are needed.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses the latest in cutting-edge orthodontic technology to move your teeth into the position designated by Dr. Baskin, Dr. Mershon, Dr. Hoelz, Dr. Patel or Dr. Baumgartner. Using special computerized imaging, we create a treatment plan that will be used to make a series of customized aligners that you’ll wear for two weeks at a time for a minimum of 20 hours per day.
After two weeks you’ll move on to the next aligner in the series and repeat the process until your treatment is complete.
During your treatment, you may be prescribed as few as 12 aligners or as many as 48. Treatment time also differs among patients, but it generally falls between 6 and 15 months.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
Invisalign has a number of advantages. Because the aligners are removable, you can still brush and floss regularly. You can also take your aligners out to eat, and that means you don’t have to sacrifice your favorite foods.
Some other advantages of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen include:
- Improved Oral Hygiene — Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you’ll be able to brush and floss properly during treatment and maintain optimum oral health.
- Virtually Invisible — Gone are the days of metal wires and brackets! Many adults and teens are self-conscious about wearing braces, but with Invisalign, no one will have to know you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- No Food Rescrictions — Traditionally, wearing braces meant cutting back on your favorite crunchy, chewy foods. During treatment with Invisalign, you can remove your aligners and still eat all your favorite foods.
- Comfort — Invisalign is made from a soft flexible material that won’t irritate your mouth and gums the way traditional metal wires and braces do.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — If you have a habit of grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw while you sleep, Invisalign can function as a thin nightguard that helps protect your teeth from excessive wear.
As noted above, we are an Invisalign Preferred Provider, which means we see and treat Invisalign patients all the time. To ensure the best possible results, only an orthodontist who has been trained and certified by Align Technology can diagnose and treat using Invisalign.
While you may find a general dentist who offers Invisalign, our orthodontists have received three additional years of training focused on the job of straightening teeth and perfecting your bite. As a result, the Invisalign experience will be far different with a certified orthodontist monitoring and guiding your treatment and knowing just which adjustments are required to achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
Schedule a Consultation Today!
If you’re interested in Invisalign or have any questions, please contact our Arvada, Thornton, Denver, North Aurora, South Aurora or Lakewood orthodontic offices. Our friendly staff is always happy to answer your questions or help you schedule a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!