Reliable Orthodontic Treatment in Denver, CO
At All About Braces, our mission is simple: help our patients achieve beautiful, healthy new smiles through high-quality orthodontic treatment. As a leading orthodontist serving the Aurora, Arvada, Thornton, & greater Denver area, we offer a wide range of convenient treatments to our patients – but one of the most exciting is Invisalign. If you're considering straightening your teeth with Invisalign clear aligners, you can use this page to find answers to some of the most common questions you may have.
Common Questions About Invisalign
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that eliminates brackets and wires entirely. Instead, Invisalign relies on a series of clear, removable plastic aligners to straighten the teeth. These aligners are virtually invisible when worn and easy to take in and out, allowing for a variety of unique advantages.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Thanks to its unique design, Invisalign carries a number of advantages over traditional braces:
- Virtually Invisible: Invisalign aligners are almost impossible to see when worn.
- Completely Removable: It's easy to remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- Eat What You Want: Invisalign doesn't require dietary restrictions like braces.
- Oral Hygiene Is Easy: You'll never have to deal with tools like floss threaders – just remove the aligners and clean your teeth normally.
- Improved Comfort: Invisalign aligners are smooth to the touch and lay flat on the teeth, so they don't cause the small cuts and scratches that braces often do.
Is Invisalign right for me?
Almost anyone is a candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign is particularly popular for adult patients, but we also offer a specialized form for adolescent patients called Invisalign Teen. While Invisalign can't treat every orthodontic malocclusion, advances in the technology mean it can treat a wide variety of conditions. The only patients for whom we don't generally recommend Invisalign are children getting early orthodontic treatment.
How common is Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign is a common treatment for patients throughout the world – in fact, more than 5 million patients have been treated with Invisalign worldwide!
How much do I need to wear my aligners?
You'll need to wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours per day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss your teeth. The longer you wear your aligners, the more effective your treatment will be – and it's important to remember that without proper wear, you can derail and delay your treatment.
Does insurance cover Invisalign?
There's no way to answer this question definitively, as insurance policies vary drastically from patient to patient. That said, many health insurance policies feature an orthodontic benefit separate from dental insurance, and this orthodontic benefit normally covers Invisalign treatment. We can work with you to help you understand your insurance policy and find out if it covers Invisalign.
What is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen is a specialized form of Invisalign treatment designed specifically for teenage patients. In addition to the benefits of regular Invisalign, Invisalign Teen has a number of features designed for the teenage lifestyle:
- Compliance indicators to let patients, orthodontists, and teens themselves know if the aligners are being worn long enough or need to be worn more
- Eruption tabs to hold open space for unerupted teeth
- 6 free replacement aligners if any get lost or broken during treatment
Schedule a Consultation with Your Arvada & Thornton, CO Orthodontist
If you're looking for a convenient, discrete option for straightening your teeth and achieving a new smile, Invisalign is a powerful option – and we're here to make it easy. Request a consultation at one of our offices using our easy online form today. We'll help you understand if Invisalign is right for you, work with you to create a personalized treatment plan, and set you on the path towards a beautiful new smile!